Child, Youth & School Services
Welcome to Fort Stewart CYSS!
Fort Stewart Child, Youth and School Services offer a seamless delivery of affordable, quality care programs for children and youth from six weeks up to to 18 years, as well as sports, fitness, and instructional programs. We recognize the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. Therefore, we strive to reduce the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility through our various programs, services, and our support of the Army Family Covenant. Our goal is to provide your Family a safe, healthy, and pleasant environment in which to grow.
CYS Services programs are designed to help your child/youth build within themselves a positive self-concept that generates feelings of acceptance and respect for individuality. We believe in designing programs where children/youth have opportunities to participate individually or as a group in age appropriate developmental activities that allows for optimal social, emotional, physical, creative and cognitive growth. We promote and cultivate safe learning environments where your child/youth can resolve conflicts through learning age appropriate conflict resolution and mediation skills. We believe in partnering with parents and community to nurture a spirit of cooperation and self respect for self and others; reinforce character building and encourage positive parenting.
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission is Caring. We support the military lifestyle while reducing conflicts between mission readiness and parental responsibilities. When a Soldier loses duty time during deployment, mobilization or contingency situations due to a lack of childcare, it negatively impacts the military mission. CYS Services provides critical support services to mitigate such stressors.
- Availability: Provide adequate program capacity and services with the right mix of age groups and spaces to support employment, deployment, health and fitness, youth development, instructional programs and school transition/education.
- Affordability: Operate efficiently within Army resource guidance. Establish fees that consider Army Family budgets and meet Army financial goals so that the CYS Services Program is affordable to both the Army and the Army Family.
- Quality: To support the growth and developmental needs of every child/youth, regardlessof age or program enrollment, in a safe and healthy environment, with trained and caring adult staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Accountability: To safeguard the Army’s resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
Our Programs and Services
Full Day Child Care
- On-post Family Child Care
- School Liaison Services
- School-Age Centers
- Middle School & Teen Services
- Instructional Classes
- Youth Sports & Fitness
Standard Operating Procedures within CYSS
- Accident & Serious Incident Reporting
- Readmission Following Illness
- Appropriate Touch Within CYSS
- Identifying, Reporting & Preventing Child Abuse
- Home Alone Policy
Where to find more information
- CYSS Online
- Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield CYSS Facebook
- Fort Stewart Teens Facebook
- Fort Stewart & HAAF SKIES Unlimited Facebook
- Fort Stewart School Liaison Services Facebook
Our CYSS Facilities Location
Click on the map to view the location of Fort Stewart CYSS facilities.
- Fort Stewart Parent Central Services: 912-767-2312
- Hunter Army Airfield Parent Central Services: 912-315-5425
- CYSS Administration: 912-767-3098
- School Liaison Office: 912-767-6533
- Online contact/payment: https://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/webtrac/stewartcyms.html
CYS Services Online
Start new registrations, make payments, reprint receipts and tax statements, or sign up for advertised SKIES Unlimited classes, youth sports or special Activities.