Family Child Care Homes
Army Family Child Care Homes (FCC) are available on-post through childcare providers who are independent contractors certified through extensive on-going training and monitoring by the Army. FCC Homes provide full-day, part-day and hourly care for children in a home environment where children can develop motor, cognitive, social and emotional skills through a balance of exploration and planned curriculum. Learning activities are designed to support the natural development of children and include individual and small group experiences.
- 4 weeks - 12 years
- Multi-Age Homes: These homes provide full day, part day, and hourly care for children ages 4 weeks to 12 years old.
- School-Age Homes: These homes provide school age children with before and after school, holiday, and school break care.
- Special Needs Home: FCC homes that care for children with unique care requirements.
- Extended Hours or Long Term Care: Second shift, after hours, weekends or care up to 60 days (including deployment and field duty).
- Temporary Duty Care: Military and civilian parents who are attending training at Ft Stewart/HAAF may choose to place their children in an FCC home for the duration of their stay.
- Emergency 24 Hour Care: Care offered around the clock in the event of a Family emergency/crisis.
- Respite Care: Respite care provides 16 hours of free care per month per child for deployed Soldiers and civilians throughout the deployment cycle.
Parents can expect to receive the same quality of care in an Army FCC home as in an Army Child Development Center or School-Age Center. FCC Providers receive the same training and support as CYSS facility based staff. Each group of 25 to 40 providers is designated an FCC Network with its own Director and Trainer and managed like a "center without walls."
The capacity of the FCC Home is determined by size of the home and the ages of the children enrolled in the home. Generally the capacity in an FCC Home at any one time is six children including the providers own children who are enrolled in the program. Homes serving infant/toddlers exclusively (4 weeks to 2 years) can serve a maximum of three children. Homes serving school-age children exclusively (5 to 12 Years) can serve a maximum of 8 children.
FCC Providers and their homes meet specific requirements related to health, fire prevention, safety, and child development programming and are certified by the Installation. FCC Providers pass stringent background checks and inspections. FCC Homes are regularly visited and inspected by FCC, Child, Youth & School Services (CYSS), and Installation representatives.
Click here to learn more about becoming an FCC Provider!
Army FCC online
Army FCC Online is a web based information tool for parents considering using Family Child Care (FCC) as their child care option. There is a secured section that contains detailed text and pictures describing individual FCC Provider's homes. Take a virtual tour of Fort Stewart’s FCC homes, view FCC provider profiles and make important child care decisions from the convenience of your home or office! Get your Username and Password at the FCC office.
FCC Online web link: https://www.armyfcc.com/index.cfm
The Family Child Care office is located at:
778 Gulick Avenue, Bldg. 443 (MWR Building)
Ft Stewart, GA 31314
CYS Services Online
Start new registrations, make payments, reprint receipts and tax statements, or sign up for advertised SKIES Unlimited classes, youth sports or special Activities.