Activities & Events
Georgia offers a wide variety of outdoor recreation activities. Within a 5 hour drive you could be whitewater rafting during the summer or snow skiing in the winter. The coastal rivers offer tremendous fishing, sailing, water skiing and boating pleasures.
Some folks call this the sportsman's paradise with the 280,000 acres which are full of game for both the hunter and the nature watcher, 30 managed ponds, the Canoochee River running through the installation and the Ogeechee River skirting the northern boundary, all providing some of the best fishing around. Record bass and monster crappie have been harvested over the years from these waters. The Georgia coastline is unique with its barrier islands.
Come participate in the many opportunities available at Fort Stewart Outdoor Recreation.
Up Comming Events
- Bass Tournament at Metz Pond 27 Sep 14
- Kayak / Canoe Trip 11 Oct 14
- Movie in The Park 25 Oct 14
- Pumpkin Carving 25 Oct 14
- Managed Deer Hunt 8 & 22 Nov 14 (For Soldiers and Retirees ONLY)
- Festival of Lights / Hayride 11 - 13 Dec 14 at Holbrook Recreation Area
- Managed Deer Hunt 8 Dec 14 (For Soldiers and retirees ONLY)
- Skeet Range
- Rifle/Pistol/Archery Firing Range
Monthly Classes Offered at Ft Stewart
- Boating Safety Mar-Sep
- Turkey Calling Contest
- June Youth Fishing Derby
- September Big Buck Contest
Hours & Contact Information
Address: Bldg 8325, Hwy 144 East
Phone: (912) 435-8205
Hours: Mon, Thu, Fri: 11 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sat & Sun & Training Holiday: 7 am - 3 pm
Closed Tue & Wed
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day